The Nurturing Parent Programme
THE NURTURING PARENT PROGRAMME
The Parenting Programme is a 20-hour programme completed weekly. Simply book how many hours you require weekly with one of our qualified and expert parent coaches online and start your parenting journey at your own pace. The course aims to help adults understand and manage feelings and behaviour and become more positive and nurturing in their relationships with children and each other. It encourages an approach to relationships that gives children and adults an emotionally healthy start for their lives and learning.
The course carries the CANparent Quality Mark and is available in multiple languages, both in a group setting and one-to-one.
20 WEEK FULL PARENTING PROGRAMME
1hr weekly sessions
- Initial assessment
- A certificate of completion,
- weekly self-reflection report
- A final evaluation report for the school
- 1 Qualified Expert parent coach.
- Online resources,
- TOP TIP worksheets
- Access to videos, audio books
IMPACT FROM ATTENDING THE PROGRAMME
- Significant reduction in conduct problems and hyperactivity.
- The programme is highly effective in improving mental health outcomes for both children and their parents.
- A reduction in the proportion of children with clinical levels of difficulties and an increase in levels of self-efficacy in 8 dimensions of parenting: emotion and affection, play and enjoyment, empathy and understanding, control, discipline and boundary setting, pressures of parenting, self-acceptance and learning and knowledge.
- Facilitators report an improvement in children’s behaviour and emotional and mental health.
Introducing the Nurturing Programme
Praise and Criticism
The Question of Discipline
Time Out to Calm Down
Rewards and Penalties
Personal Power and Self-esteem
Choices and Consequences
Feelings….and What We Do With Them
Communicating Clearly: Using "I" statements
Kinds of Touch
Ages and Stages in Child Development
Helping Children Grow Up
Stress in Children
The Effects of Labelling
Issues Around Sex
Helping Children Stay Safe
Behaviour to Ignore
Problems Solving and Negotiating
The Family Nurturing Account
Continuing the Family Journey